Happy Halloween!







I hope everyone had a happy and safe Halloween. I regret to say that my pumpkin carving took a back seat to my writing this year, although I did manage to work on a few pumpkins. I sculpted what my son called “a really cool dragon” onto one pumpkin using my Dremel for the first time and I have to admit it turned out pretty darn good. My son loves dragons, which I am certain, you will soon understand from future posts that will eventually end up on this blog. I regret that I failed to get a picture before the pumpkin wilted away in the last lingering days of a summer, that wasn’t quite ready to end. So to include a picture for him, I am posting a picture of last year's pumpkin which was...you guessed it; a dragon.

My talented daughter carved her own pumpkin and did a splendid job! I have posted pictures of her pumpkin from this year and her Dracula pumpkin from last year. She is showing definite signs of becoming a talented artist, just like my son is showing signs of becoming an expressive writer. He wrote a ghost story, for his reading class, which had a wonderful surprise ending that even caught me off guard.

Here is an update to my writing progress for those that are interested; my short stories I submitted to Glimmer Train are still in the running and I am anxiously waiting to hear back from them. My first book has been finished and the revisions are done. I have submitted approximately 20 queries and received 15 “form rejection letters” and 1 personal rejection letter, that was (if you can imagine) very positive. I know, I know; it sounds like an oxymoron and yes, I am disappointed, but at the same time, I am encouraged to keep trying. I started my second book, which is a fun SF book for my kids, and I have also began research on my third book. My third book will probably be a historical novel of some sort. I have plans for it to be a historical romance, but as I have said before; my books seem to write themselves, so wait and see what story actually comes out. I was tempted to enter the NaNoWriMo, but I decided to try that next year because my plate is a little full at the moment. I have to confess that it is difficult for me to not take up a challenge like that, but there will be others that I can devote my full attention to in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drew Dawson Davis Fan

Web Gems

Short Story: Contentment