Happy New Year!

"Be at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let every new year find you a better man." Benjamin Franklin

I love clever quotes like this. My add to this quote is…if the new year doesn't find you a better man (person), then at least let it find you older and wiser. Not that getting older is always fun, but it usually is coupled with getting wiser. Getting “wiser” is always a good thing. I have an addiction to learning new things; useful or not. It seems that I am constantly on the prowl for something new to learn. My only bad habit is sharing my (sometimes) “useless information” with those around me, and bore them to death (figuratively). Let me tell you though, Trivial Pursuit is a lot easier to win when you know a bunch of useless information.

Those of you waiting to hear the name of my “MG” book, I have not decided on a title just yet. I have some ideas, but I am not telling anyone what they are (except for two people so far). I changed the title of my first book several times while writing it, but by the end of the book, the final title was embedded in the entire book. As usual, with my writing, I let the story take on a life of its own. It’s weird not to know what you are going to write about, until after the whole piece is done. Writing for me is almost like my subconscious speaking out loud. I have the urge to write all the time, but until I start typing out the first sentence, I have no idea what will actually appear on paper (or computer for those of you reading this blog).

By the way, for you who have commented on my blog…YOU have my deepest gratitude. I LOVE reading the comments, and hope to see more appear on this blog. *Ahem – hint; hint*

Now, just to give a shout out to my newest friend…YO! Christine! I will talk about you trying to burn down the office some other time. Maybe I will get a collection of “Christine-isms” together to laugh about, because you are one funny chic (that I am glad to have met).

Until next time (my favorite people), I hope you ALL have a wonderful year!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Now THAT was an entertaining piece! You should be a syndicated columnist, like Ann Landers or something.

You could give clever advice to people suffering from all kinds of afflictions, like a fear of banjo music, etc.

I can't wait to see what's next...

Popular posts from this blog

Drew Dawson Davis Fan

Web Gems

Quotes