Holiday Web Gems

I would like to wish a Merry Christmas to all my readers. I hope everyone is having a safe and warm holiday. You all have a special place in my heart and I appreciate your continued visits to my blog. I try to entertain you in a variety of ways by writing short stories, passing along news and (my personal favorite blog posts) Web Gems. I hope you've enjoyed my writing throughout the past year. Please feel free to leave me a comment or send me an email to let me know your thoughts, ideas for stories, and/or websites you want me to check out. (You can even leave a complaint, if you feel the need to do so, but I won’t guarantee that I will listen to it.) ;) Today’s blog are more Web Gems, so gather the kids around the computer for this first link.

How about we start with something cute? Here is a video of a precious puppy trying to whistle. http://video.yahoo.com/watch/6544400/16989568 I think this dog may have a shot at Hollywood. What do you think?

This next website is aimed at some holiday humor. During this time of year beautiful Christmas lights adorn the roofs, trees and front yards of homes and businesses. My family likes to load up in the car and drive around to look at the lighted displays in our area. While most holiday displays are charmingly entertaining, there are those few exhibits that leave you pondering the question ”Why did they even bother?”. Here is a website that showcases these less than enjoyable front yards: http://www.uglychristmaslights.com/ . This website also accepts pictures, so this year as you go around looking at the splendor of glowing colors and yard ornaments, take your camera. Snap some shots of those pitiful displays and give them their 15 minutes of fame by posting them to the Ugly Christmas Lights website.

Here is a warning to pass along to your loved ones. Throughout the year, scammers are hard at work coming up with new ideas to take money and property from innocent people.During the holidays their efforts are even more diligent. Sadly the elderly are scammer’s favorite target and this is another scam aimed at them: http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Banking/FinancialPrivacy/beware-fake-grandkids-calling-for-cash.aspx . (I hope there’s a special place in hell for these dirt bag scammers.) I’ve always said that some people work harder just to get out of having to work at all. Imagine how productive these creative people would be if they actually went out and got a job and made money the honest way.

As we all know, this year was a bad year for the economy and I would like to end this blog with a request. I know we all have had to tighten our belts just to make ends meet, but I want to encourage you to make at least one small donation to a charity this Christmas. This year many charities have suffered a sharp drop in donations. If at all possible please make a small donation, any donation, that you can spare. It could even be a non monetary donation like giving blood, taking a box of clothes to the Salvation Army or just volunteering your time. Another idea is when someone asks you what you would like for Christmas; tell them to make a donation in your name to your/their favorite charity. One that we try to help out each year is Toys for Tots, because children should always have something to look forward to on Christmas morning. *<:)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Drew Dawson Davis Fan

Web Gems

Short Story: Contentment